So, I’ve been nominated for a Liebster award by blogger paindepression. Thanks for that! It brings a smile to think that someone would take the time to do this. Who am I to do anything other than pass it on and share the smile with others?
Information about the “Liebster Award”
The Liebster Award, or “the favorite blog award”, is an internet-based award that is given to bloggers by other bloggers. In Germany, the word “liebster” has the same meaning as “favorite, beloved, or dearest.” This award is primarily given to blogs that have less than 200 followers. That way, it helps the blogger with being more known to the world as well as giving the blogger the opportunity to learn about more amazing bloggers.
My answers to paindepression’s ten questions are:
1. What is the most challenging thing in your life right now?
I am delighted to say that I don’t feel that too much in my life is challenging right now. I am truly happy for the first time in many years; my family are all well and also happy; my health is good; work is good and I have 5 weeks holiday from the end of this week!
2. What made you decide to write your Blog?
My initial reasons for writing my blog were selfish. I thought that if I put into words what I was feeling and thinking that this would help me to ensure that I did not slip up and go back to where I was previously. As I started to get feedback and comments on my posts, I realised that I was connecting with others. What is life without connections?
3. Do you feel like your Doctor listens to you?
My health professionals allowed me to find my own way to where I am now. I believe that I am much stronger for having taken that pathway. I guess that at times I felt as though I would have liked answers from my health carers but I do believe that I needed to find those answers for myself.
4. If Time and Money were no object (you have plenty) what would you be doing differently?
I can’t imagine one single thing that I would like to be different in my life right now, so I guess that if I had money I would want to use it to help others. I do not believe that money brings happiness. I believe that a significant lack of money can contribute to unhappiness when the basics of a comfortable life are lacking, so I would want to help others without the basics to have them. Sorry to my family, I am not talking about you. We all have enough!
5. Do you believe that Everything Happens for a Reason?
Interesting question. It is certainly something that I believed previously. In accepting awesome, I have had to take responsibility and control of a number of aspects of my life. Looking back on my life, I had things to learn and what I didn’t know defined the choices that I made and steered my life in the directions it went. So, the answer is yes, everything happens for a reason.
6. Who is most helpful to you in your current life?
I have a strong network of supporters; family, friends both real and virtual including other bloggers. They are all important to me for different reasons. To mention any may diminish the contribution of others.
7. Who is your favorite author?
My choices of reading material are diverse and dependent on how I am feeling. I often read more than one book at the same time. My favorite author fluctuates depending on how I am feeling at the time.
8. If you could see anyone (dead or alive) who would you go see right now?
My dad. Dad died in 1980 when I was 21. I would like him to be able to see not only who I have become but also what has become of the world over the last 30+ years. I don’t remember ever telling dad that I loved him. To be able to do that, in person, would be AWESOME!
9. Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it?
‘You must be the change you wish to see in the world.’ Ghandi – the ultimate quote about taking responsibility and control.
10. What is the Most Important thing in your life right now?
My family and my health. I could not imagine life without my family and cannot imagine going back to where I have been from a health perspective.
The ten questions for my nominees are:
- What motivates you to write your blog?
- What are your three most favorite things in the world?
- If you were to write a book, what would it be about and what would it be called?
- What comic book character most closely represents you and your life and why?
- Who, in your opinion, is the most inspirational person ever to live and why?
- What is the greatest challenge that you have ever undertaken?
- What brings you peace?
- What memory, event or achievement gives you the greatest sense of achievement?
- If you were not called by your own name, what would you want to be called and why?
My 10 Nominees are:
Weathering the Storm
Born by a River
Don’t dig your grave with your own knife and fork
Morning Coffee Bliss
Kendall F Person
The War in My Brain
The Odd Spot
Now that you are nominated, here are the 5 steps to accepting your award:
1. Link back to the person that nominated you to recognize them.
2. Answer the ten questions I have asked of you.
3. Nominate 10 other Bloggers
4. Create ten questions for your nominees
5. Notify your Nominees!